Program Location: Your Health Care Institution/Hospital
Course Duration: 1 Day
User Level: Beginner to Intermediate
Course Instructor(s): TBA
In one day, in your home institution, you will achieve the same, or greater degree of proficiency than you would by travelling to a more expensive OB ultrasound course. More importantly, you achieve this level of comfort alongside your team members.
Point-of-Care (POC) Ultrasound (US) has increased the accessibility and utilization of ultrasound. The goal of this course is to enable users to utilize their available resources for best practices and patient care.
The OB-POCUS course will incorporate hands-on ultrasound training with a discussion of the advantages of immediate access to ultrasound in the labour and delivery suite and its impact on clinical decision-making and patient management. Training is designed to aid obstetricians in developing and/or strengthening their existing ultrasound skills by emphasizing a systemic approach. The course involves one full day if combined didactic and hands-on training.
At the end of the course, the participant will:
- have an understanding of Ultrasound Physics, including Doppler
- be able to utilize the system controls (knobology) for Image Optimization
- be proficient in a Systemic Approach to Obstetrical Scanning
- differentiate between Normal vs. Abnormal patient examinations
- be able to assess: viability, location (r/o ectopic), number, cervix, placental location, basic fetal structures/anatomy, fetal presentation, AVF, biometry (dating/growth), Biophysical profile scoring, and Doppler tracings
Download complete course guide here:
or email us to find out how you can bring this OB-POCUS to your health care institution.
**This program was co-developed by the good people at The EDE. Content and material can be tailored to suit your needs.